Thursday, November 14, 2013

Two Months In - Almost

Another week and I will be two months old!

The time has certainly flown by. I have been building eight to ten hours a day pretty much every day. And, obviously it is time for a break.

I have accomplished a ton of personal firsts here and learned much. There is plenty MORE to learn of course and I will tackle that in the not too distant future.

Meanwhile I wanted to leave myself a list of accomplishments so that I can look back and see what happened in the first days of my citizenship.

* Seven builds - in order, The Mesa, California Dreaming, ChiC buildings, The Village,  The Beach, A City, Chez Chic

* My first mesh tree
* My first mesh hair
* My first mesh clothes
* My first mesh shoes
* My first animated idle

Blender and I are better friends than we were a couple of months ago. Not having to deal with physics is a wonderful thing. I still don't know how to rig but that is on my list for the future. Animations are much easier with Blender than the other program I used, so I enjoy making poses and movement.

I have things on my personal todo list. Some boots I want to try (finding a middle ground between looks and server friendliness is always tricky) and some fancier hair. It would be very easy for someone coming over from another grid to start hitting that subsurf modifier; the mesh is SO dense some places. So it is a test of creativity to see what you can do that looks pretty good and still have a relatively low poly count (actually tris are the measurement standard here).  

I also want to build in the snow and have a place for that - WITH accidental particle snow. So I won't be bored and it will be fun to watch the world evolve. My goal was to get more content out there and I accomplished that.

No comments:

Post a Comment